Selecting the right software can be a daunting task. You need to find something that will take work off of your plate, however, it still needs to be easy-to-use for you, your students and your teachers. If you’re thinking about implementing software at your studio, here are three things it must have:
1). Straightforward Pricing
It’s important to find a provider that offers software at a price that fits within your budget. Many providers offer software packages where certain features are only available if you’re willing to pay more. When you’re looking at pricing, make sure to ask:
- How does the monthly pricing structure work?
- Do they charge per student? If so, how much do they charge and is there a cap for when you expand?
- Do they require a contract?
- Do they charge additional fees to use certain features like embeds? If so, how much and which features come at an additional price?
2). Intuitive Features
As mentioned above, it’s important to select a software that’s easy-to-use, while still offering the features you need to run a successful studio. Software should give you more time back, not take up your time. Specific questions to ask include:
- Do they offer time-saving automations, reducing manual work on your end?
- Can students quickly check-in for class from any device on their own?
- Do they provide simple reports and custom dashboards that are aimed at helping your studio grow?
- Do they charge additional fees to use certain features like embeds and reporting? If so, how much and which features come at an additional price?
3). Responsive, In-House Customer Support
At some point, you’re going to have questions about how to use a certain feature or run a specific report. It’s important that you select a provider that offers incredible customer support, from a team of experts that understand your industry. Be sure to ask:
- Do they offer phone and email support from an in-house team?
- What’s the average response time for this team?
- Does the customer support team have a positive satisfaction rating?
If you’re thinking about implementing software at your studio, get your free copy of Zen Planner’s helpful checklist, 9 Things Your Yoga Studio Software Must Have. It provides a list of key features you can’t live without, as well as key questions you should ask when evaluating providers.