Recognized employees are happy employees. While many of your staff members may not take as much work home with them as you do, they still take home the feelings left over from a hard day’s work. This is why when you show your employees you see and appreciate their efforts, you are creating a more peaceful and happy workplace.
In fact, a recent study by economists at the University of Warwick found happiness leads to a 12 percent spike in productivity, while unhappy workers prove 10 percent less productive. While most workers would love a raise or better benefits, happiness from other rewards can lead to those same levels of productivity.
The best news is showing appreciation to others doesn’t have to cost a lot of money or take a lot of time. There is no excuse for not taking the time to recognize your employee, so below is a list of 15 low-cost ways to reward your staff for a job well done:
- Write about them in a studio-wide email.
- Bring in a professional masseuse and reward your employees with a day to get out the kinks in their muscles.
- Honor them at the start of your next staff meeting.
- Set up a “brag board” where your team or members can write awesome things others have done.
- Create a reserved parking space for the week with their name on it.
- Name a smoothie after them.
- Give them a note with a gift card specific to a place they go to frequently.
- Send a gift basket or card to their spouse on an anniversary or birthday.
- Work with an animal shelter in your community to bring puppies to the studio for a day.
- Schedule a monthly get together for your staff outside of the studio
- Gift your staff member an Uber/Lyft gift card for their next night out. You could make this a team-wide reward by setting up a promo code for the weekend.
- Design some new gear and give it away as rewards for going above and beyond.
- Be their personal assistant for a day.
- Create a prize wheel your instructors can spin when they do something good, and include incentives from this list that they can win.
- Pay for a babysitter for date night.