It’s important as a business to stay up-to-date on social media trends. The various platforms are a great way to drive traffic to your studio and stay in contact with current students. A new feature on Instagram now has the power to change the way people interact with your business.
Instagram’s Story Highlights allows you to have a select group of stories indefinitely highlighted below the bio section of your profile. Before, stories would only be available 24 hours after posting, but now with highlights they stay for as long as you choose. You can choose stories from your archive or create new ones to be added to each section. Once selected, the highlight will appear as a circle on your profile that plays as a stand-alone story when someone taps it. The highlight will stay on your profile until you remove it and you can have as many as you want.
To create a story highlight, you will see the “+” button with “New” underneath it right below your bio. When you click it, you’ll be shown all your recent Stories you can add to a Highlights section. After choosing the video or image, you will be directed to a page to choose a cover image and create a headline for the highlight section. Once you do this, your Highlight has been created and you can add to it at any time. Below are a few ideas you could Highlight on your studio’s Instagram page:
- About Me. Let your audience know who are you with a few fun Stories. This is a great way to go beyond the 150-character limit for your bio and dive into what sets you apart from the crowd.
- Products and Tutorials. Your students rely on you to answer a lot of their questions about what specific products to purchase. Share one or multiple products you offer in your store. This could also be a great section to educate your members with tutorials, tips or tricks for using these products efficiently.
- Competitions or Events. Most studios use Instagram Stories as a way to highlight their most recent workshop or community event, but Highlights will help it stay on your page forever. People can look back on how fun an event was or new members will have a way to see how community-centric your studio really is.
- Giveaways. Have a giveaway going on? Make sure to “highlight” it. You can also have a giveaway hashtag participants must use in a Story clip to be entered. You can then share their clip in your Highlight. This could be a big motivation for people to share your giveaway in their Stories, giving your studio a bit of free publicity.
- Testimonials and Transformations. This section could be extremely beneficial to your business. People love transformation stories and having a dedicated section to show that off could give potential clients a quick shot of how much your members have benefitted from their practice at your studio.